Operating a charity or not-for-profit organisation comes with many important legal and financial obligations.
Charity leaders are responsible for not only ensuring they have the funds to meet their objectives but must also remain compliant with the ever-changing, complex regulatory regimes that dictate charity finances and management.
Organisations often rely on trusted advisers who understand the accountancy, audit and tax requirements of the third sector and can alleviate much of the stress of running a charity or not-for-profit organisation – allowing it to operate as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Our charities and not-for-profit specialists have years of experience supporting a wide range of organisations with their affairs.
We support a variety of clients in varying ways, by assisting them with their management accounting, payroll, preparation of their year-end accounts and tax compliance, as well as carrying out audits that are compliant with the latest regulatory requirements.
Our services include:
- advice on charity structures
- advice on cost-effective financial systems and controls
- advice on managing reserves
- compliance with regulatory requirements
- external and internal audits
- payroll support, including advice on benefits in kind, redundancy and pensions
- preparing accounts compliant with the latest Charities’ Statement of Recommended Practices (SORP) and other relevant legislation
- preparing accounts for friendly, industrial and provident societies (FIPs), working men’s clubs, credit unions and other mutual societies regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- support with trading activities and the setting up and management of subsidiaries
- tax and VAT compliance and advice
- Strategic support and advice and assistance with budgeting and cash flow.
We can also provide advice on the selection and management of trustees and support boards with the governance of their organisation.
Here to help
Our team works closely with charity leaders and trustees to make the management of their organisations simpler and less stressful – allowing you to focus on delivering services to your beneficiaries.
By seeking out professional advice and support you can ensure your organisation remains compliant at all times. To find out how we can help you, speak to our dedicated charity team today.